Sydney Metro Connect - Privacy Statement
What information do we collect through Sydney Metro Connect?
Sydney Metro Connect will automatically record anonymous information for each user that will be provided to Sydney Metro to help improve Sydney Metro Connect including:
- the date and time of your visit
- the type of browser, operating system, manufacturer and type of device
- the list of stations or sites which you subscribe to via Sydney Metro Connect
- the articles and notifications you access via Sydney Metro Connect
- whether you have been prompted to allow notifications
- the language you choose for Sydney Metro Connect
- whether you have been shown the Sydney Metro Connect app tutorial
- the time spent on Sydney Metro Connect
- Sydney Metro Connect uses Google Analytics, a reporting service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") and its subsidiaries to collect information.
- For more details visit Google Analytics Terms of Service.
How we use information collected
The information collected during use of Sydney Metro Connect is used to identify patterns of usage. This will assist us in improving Sydney Metro Connect and the services offered on it.
Transport for NSW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW).
Do you have questions?
If you have any questions about the application of this Privacy Statement or a request for access to information held by Sydney Metro or Transport for NSW, please contact:
Transport for NSW
PO Box K659
Haymarket NSW 1240
Users of Sydney Metro Connect are entitled to expect that any information gathered while using the app will be managed in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW).
More information about how we collect and manage personal and health information is available in Sydney Metro's Privacy Management Plan.